Thursday 29 August 2013

Courgette and Tomato Soup

I went for a lovely camping trip, Mr Pickles loved it!!! Here's my favourite picture


And one of him actually in the tent!!


Anyway, upon my return to the allotment, as a few days turned into a couple a weeks because we were having so much fun, I arrived to this!!!



So, just what am I going to do with these! First things, a soup will hopefully use up some!!!

Ingredients

1 large courgette

A few left over cherry tomatoes knocking around in the fridge

2 red onions

3 garlic cloves

500ml or less of chicken or veg (or both as I do) stock *remember that courgettes will release a lot of water and its easier to add then take away!!!*

Tsp lemon juice

2 tsp caster sugar

Fresh parsley and basil

Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

3 Tbsp tomato purée

Can chopped tomatoes 

Salt and Pepper

Drizzle of olive oil

Put everything into your slow cooker, cook on high for an hour and the turn it down to low and enjoy the smell for a couple of hours!! Wen ready to eat just blitz with a electric whisk!!! Yummskylicious!!


No comments:

Post a Comment