Tuesday 20 August 2013

Plant hanging basket

Yesterday I went to a car boot and picked up some pictures for £1 each!!!! This finally provided the motivation to crochet a hanging basket that I've been meaning to do for ages!

I used twine from wilkinsons for 79p and a size 5 crochet hook

Start Chain 6 and join together to make a circle

Row One chain 6 and then single crochet (sc) into the circle and repeat this 5 times to get six loops

Row Two chain 8, *sc into the top loop, repeat 6 times, still maintaining the six loops

Row Three chain 10 and repeat * 

You can carry on doing this (increasing by 2 chains) until it covers your pot and then its time to move up the side where I increased my chains by five and looped in as before

I choose to do 80 chains up (160 to go back down) to make my pot hang approx 2 foot, going up and hooping a chain around my fitting to make it big enough and as a marker and placing a sc to secure on the last loops.

i then cut a length of twine and wrapped it around the top of the strands to add security and wrapped it a couple of time around the hook for a bit more support (remember water+soil is rather heavy)

Make sure you find a beam to screw it into or else it will fall out and potentially take some ceiling plaster with it!!



And here are my awesome bargain watercolours that Gen doesn't like but I do so they're up!! Hehehe



 

No comments:

Post a Comment